From Big Oil to Renewable Energy: 5 Facts in 10 Minutes – Matthew John
A very good expose on the vested oil interests relating to the Dakota Access Pipeline and the Standing Rock community. Brilliantly presented in a condensed information pack that shows the true motives behind the project and its viability in a ever expanding clean energy market. Matthew John (http://www.matthewjohn.org) breaks down action into a couple of simple steps:
- Support Local Movements
- Here is a petition you can sign: http://org.salsalabs.com/o/676/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=20516&tag=blog&_ga=2.144468918.2029324447.1495452043-9968450.1495452043
- The Sioux Tribe Facebook site
- Engage with a cause nearest to you: http://bit.ly/nodapl-related-causes
- Use and Promote Solar Energy
- This is something that should be done in every country on earth. Its cheaper than existing forms of power and most importantly is clean.
- Stop Banks Funding Pipelines
- This is a divestment campaign for banks who fund projects that are not in the interests of their primary or base clientele. A list of the banks can be obtained here: http://www.defunddapl.org/contact-the-banks
- Is a list to the links:
Although this message is related specifically to the standing rock community the problem is worldwide and thus should be looked into on a global scale. Why do we continue to allow a small minority to ruin the environment around us?
Check out Matthew John’s facebook here